Welcome to The Remnant Newspaper
For nearly fifty years we have been fighting in defence of the traditions of the Catholic Church and the proclamation of the Kingship of Christ. In print or online, The Remnant calls a spade a spade no matter who is using it to bury God. Subscribe to the Remnant Newspaper print edition today!
NEW | The Remnant en español
Latest from Remnant TV
Headline News Around the World
- Preview the New Print Edition of The Remnant Posted on: Saturday, August 1, 2015
- State of Kentucky: 'Christians Need Not Apply' Posted on: Thursday, July 30, 2015
- Senator James Lankford for President! Posted on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015
- Sobering Article in the New York Times: Is This the End of Christianity in the Middle East? Posted on: Monday, July 27, 2015
- New from A-CNN: Vatican Announces Official Synod on the Family Compendium Trilogy Posted on: Friday, July 24, 2015
- Good News: Coca-Cola, Ford, Xerox to Defund Planned Parenthood Posted on: Friday, July 24, 2015
- Pat Nails It! ‘A New Dark Age’ Posted on: Friday, July 24, 2015
- Obama DOJ Plans To Investigate…The Group That Busted Planned Parenthood Posted on: Thursday, July 23, 2015
- Has Even Fox News Finally Had Enough? (Touch 'em all, Brit!) Posted on: Thursday, July 23, 2015
- We're All Traditional Catholics Now Posted on: Monday, July 20, 2015
- Will You Help The Remnant Stay in the Good Fight? Posted on: Thursday, July 16, 2015
- CFN Media: Lake Garda Interviews on the Synod Posted on: Thursday, July 16, 2015
- Russia: Church and State Sign Agreement to Prevent Abortion Posted on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015
- Understanding Cardinal Walter Kasper, by Dr. Thomas Stark Posted on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015
- K of C Mass of Reparation: 14 Aug 2015, Vigil of the Assumption Posted on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015
- Is Capitalism Diabolic? Posted on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015
- Pope grovels for approval of Catholic-bashing revisionists Posted on: Friday, July 10, 2015
- Traditional Catholic Answers: Why Ecumenism is Solemn Nonsense: Part V Posted on: Thursday, June 25, 2015
Preview the latest Remnant Newspaper Print Edition
July 31, 2015
Sunday, August 2, 2015
You know, there are times when I wish the real world were less like satire. I wrote the following fictional news piece as a joke with a friend, a fellow journalist, on Facebook as we were anticipating (still waiting, by the way) the official response from the USCCB on the ongoing revelations of the Planned Parenthood videos.
The appalling ghastliness of the videos revealing the world’s largest abortionist organisation’s baby-parts business, I felt, made the usual bland, boilerplate, bishopspeak rhetoric seem even more absurd and outrageous than usual. We were having a good (though somewhat grim) laugh, lowering, en-blanding and enfeebling the tone with each revision. Sorry if it seems an odd way of relaxing. Gallows humour is a well-documented phenomenon among journalists:
Tuesday, July 28, 2015
What do you think the Catholic Church, that great representation of Christ’s body on earth, in Chicagoland is up to these days?
If you guessed implementing and then bragging about implementing the EPA’s Energy Star program, you were right. Congratulations.
Chicago Archbishop Blase J. Cupich is juiced about all things global warming that are happening in and around the Catholic Church these days. Now I don’t mean to single out this man, because he is one of many with similar views, yet his Excellency has been public about his exhortations. In an op-ed to the ChicagoSun-Times he tells us how joyfully he looks forward “to benchmarking and tracking” the “energy, water, and emissions performance” of the facilities under his care.
Tuesday, July 28, 2015
Dozens of Christian protesters gathered in Detroit, Michigan, on Saturday to denounce the unveiling of a bronze nine-foot, one-ton goat-headed statue of Satan called the Baphomet monument.
The statue was presented by the Satanic Temple, an organization "dedicated to Satanic practice and the promotion of Satanic rights," at an undisclosed location in the city as a security measure. The Satanic Temple kept the site of the unveiling of the huge statue secret, e-mailing the information only to members of the group and others who were previously given tickets to witness the occasion, according to Raw Story.
--ACLA Press Release on Obergefell v. Hodges (Catholic Lawyers Question Legality of Supreme Court Decision)
Remnant TV offers a full range of cutting-edge commentary and events coverage. Having established itself with daily video updates from Rome, especially at the last conclave, we now produce weekly talks shows, such as The Remnant Underground and The Remnant Forum, with regular guests including Christopher Ferrara, Brian McCall, John Rao and other Catholic commentators. Please help us promote The Remnant and extend the Catholic influence on the Internet by sharing our videos with your friends.
- Vatican Announces Official Synod on the Family Compendium Trilogy Posted on: Friday, July 24, 2015
- A Clear Case of Climate Change Envy Posted on: Thursday, June 25, 2015