Welcome to The Remnant Newspaper
For nearly fifty years we have been fighting in defence of the traditions of the Catholic Church and the proclamation of the Kingship of Christ. In print or online, The Remnant calls a spade a spade no matter who is using it to bury God. Subscribe to the Remnant Newspaper print edition today!
Headline News Around the World
- Can't Make the Chartres Pilgrimage? Join the Guardian Angels Chapter from Home Posted on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015
- Patrick Brennan's "He knows very well what he is doing" Posted on: Wednesday, May 13, 2015
- Vatican's chief exorcist warns that practicing yoga is 'satanic' Posted on: Thursday, May 7, 2015
- The Day of Wrath for the Novus Ordo Posted on: Wednesday, May 6, 2015
- 'If you're not left wing, you're a hate group' Posted on: Wednesday, May 6, 2015
- Solicitor General: Religious Colleges Could Lose Tax-Exemption Under Pro-Gay Marriage Ruling Posted on: Monday, May 4, 2015
- If court rules in favor of gay marriage, schools will lose tax-exempt status Posted on: Monday, May 4, 2015
- Father Paul Nicholson Blasts Father Gruner on the Day of His Death Posted on: Thursday, April 30, 2015
- Top Scientists Sign Petition Warning Pope Against Climate Change Junk Science (You Can Sign It Too!) Posted on: Monday, April 27, 2015
- Scientists' Message to Pope: Be Skeptical of Climate Change Alarm Posted on: Monday, April 27, 2015
- Dear Churchmen, do not worry Posted on: Saturday, April 25, 2015
- Preview the New Issue of The Remnant Posted on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015
- The Purge Continues: Pope Accepts Resignation of Bishop Robert W. Finn Posted on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015
- A-CNN Book Review: Return of the Two Towers, by J.R.R.R.R. Tolkien Posted on: Monday, April 20, 2015
- Will Francis Break the Catholic Church? Posted on: Monday, April 20, 2015
- U.S. military ‘hostile’ to Christians under Obama; morale, retention devastated Posted on: Saturday, April 18, 2015
- What’s Wrong with Video Games? Posted on: Saturday, April 18, 2015
- Remnant TV: Evolution: The Creation Narrative of Atheists Posted on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015
Preview the latest Remnant Newspaper Print Edition
April 30/May 15, 2015
Monday, May 25, 2015
According to the neo-Catholic view, rejecting the theory of evolution is “denialism,” whereas rejecting the entire traditional understanding of the Genesis account based on the claims of evolutionists merely raises a “problem” to be “mulled over” by theologians. Behold the neo-Catholic mentality at work.
“When we descend to details, we can prove that no one species has changed…”
-Charles Darwin, 1863
“Through use and abuse of hidden postulates, of bold, often ill-founded extrapolations, a pseudoscience has been created. It is taking root in the very heart of biology and is leading astray many biochemists and biologists…”
-Pierre-Paul Grassé, evolutionary zoologist, 1973
Tuesday, May 19, 2015
- Follow along from Home Each Day;
- Watch Televised Mass in Chartres
- Bishop Athansius Schneider to Celebrate Mass
- Video Updates from Remnant TV
Plus, EWTN to Broadcast Pilgrimage Documentary on Pentecost Sunday, Includes Interview of Michael J. Matt
The Remnant’s team here in the States is bound for France this week. God willing, we will once again be walking with our traditional Catholic brothers from all over the world on the grand Pentecost Pilgrimage of Notre-Dame de Chrétienté to Chartres.
I ask readers to please keep their 70 fellow American pilgrims in their prayers as we once again attempt the 3-day pilgrimage across France. The now 24-year-old U.S. Chapter of Our Lady of Guadalupe will remember all of the readers of The Remnant in their prayers every day on the road to Chartres.
EWTN will broadcast an award-winning documentary on the Chartres Pilgrimage on Pentecost Sunday, which includes an interview of Michael J. Matt. Broadcast Dates Times for EWTN’s "In Search of Christendom – The Chartres Pilgrimage" can be found here: http://christendomblog.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/broadcast-dates-and-times-for-ewtns.html
Once again, the organization responsible for the Pilgrimage to Chartres is offering an opportunity for their American brothers and sisters to spiritually accompany the pilgrims in a special way. It is called the Guardian Angels Chapter and it is for people who cannot make the pilgrimage but wish to be present spiritually.
Friday, May 15, 2015
In April 2015, I was fortunate to make my first ever international pilgrimage to Fatima in Portugal. I only gradually became interested in the Fatima apparitions after my baptism into the Catholic Church in 2009. Over the last year or so, my conviction has grown that the Fatima message is critical for understanding current events within the Church and in the world at large. I was grateful to get a chance to travel there for a few days, and arrived with a sense of curiosity about the shrine and eagerness to experience the places that were so important for the three child seers, Jacinta, Francisco, and Lucia.
I went with limited information about the site and an open mind and heart, but also with some questions. I had heard that the shrine’s rector had allowed Hindus to worship at the Chapel of the Apparitions, and that there was a plan to turn the sanctuary into an ecumenical center. I had seen some photos online of the new Basilica of the Holy Trinity, which has a distinctly modernist esthetic. I didn’t know what to expect, but I was seeking to deepen my understanding of the Fatima message. The first thing I did after arriving was to find the Chapel of the Apparitions and pray the Rosary.
Remnant TV offers a full range of cutting-edge commentary and events coverage. Having established itself with daily video updates from Rome, especially at the last conclave, we now produce weekly talks shows, such as The Remnant Underground and The Remnant Forum, with regular guests including Christopher Ferrara, Brian McCall, John Rao and other Catholic commentators. Please help us promote The Remnant and extend the Catholic influence on the Internet by sharing our videos with your friends.
- Vatican Spokesman Clarifies Statements Made by “The Good Sisters of Old” Posted on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015
- Breaking News: Pope Assigns SSPX-SWAT Team as Missionaries of Mercy, Voris Objects Posted on: Thursday, April 23, 2015
Why Ecumenism Is Solemn Nonsense: Part II
- What Do We Believe About the Seven Sacraments of the Catholic Church? Posted on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015