Welcome to The Remnant Newspaper
For nearly fifty years we have been fighting in defence of the traditions of the Catholic Church and the proclamation of the Kingship of Christ. In print or online, The Remnant calls a spade a spade no matter who is using it to bury God. Subscribe to the Remnant Newspaper print edition today!
NEW | The Remnant en español
Latest from Remnant TV
Headline News Around the World
- Cardinal Kasper Gears Up for Vatican Synod: ‘You Are Born Gay’ Posted on: Saturday, October 3, 2015
- The SSPX is Not in Schism: A Point by Point Rebuttal to CMTV's "Catholi-Schism" Video Posted on: Friday, October 2, 2015
- Papal Mass Madness Posted on: Thursday, October 1, 2015
- Nevermind ('First Things' Backs Down) Posted on: Wednesday, September 30, 2015
- Neo-Catholic Flagship Turns on Pope Francis Posted on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015
- Cardinals Caffarra, Burke Named to Congregation for Saints' Causes Posted on: Monday, September 28, 2015
- SEVEN WAYS POPE FRANCIS SLAPPED CONSERVATIVES IN THE UNITED STATES Posted on: Saturday, September 26, 2015
- Preview the New Print Edition of The Remnant Posted on: Wednesday, September 23, 2015
- Eighth Annual Battle of Lepanto Mass & Dinner - Wednesday, 7 October 2015, 6:00 PM Posted on: Wednesday, September 23, 2015
- First Things Nails It (CLOWARD-PIVEN GOES TO ROME) Posted on: Sunday, September 20, 2015
- A-CNN UPDATE: Wolf Blaster Covers Pope's Trip to US Posted on: Sunday, September 20, 2015
- Lies and Falsehood: SSPX Under Fire Posted on: Thursday, September 17, 2015
- Christmas Stamps? Hell No! (Christophobia Alive and Well at the U.S. Postal Service) Posted on: Tuesday, September 15, 2015
- Springtime Update: "Stable gay relationship is better than a ‘temporary’ one, says Cardinal Schönborn" Posted on: Monday, September 14, 2015
- Check Out The Remnant's Spanish-Language Site Posted on: Monday, September 7, 2015
- Preview the New Print- and E-Edition of The Remnant Posted on: Monday, September 7, 2015
- Madame Fellay RIP Posted on: Friday, September 4, 2015
- New Stuff at A-CNN (TradSatire) Kasper and Marx to Wed; Trump Thanks Francis; Return of Sr. Gaylee Van Dyke Posted on: Monday, August 31, 2015
Preview the latest Remnant Newspaper Print Edition
September 25, 2015
Saturday, October 3, 2015
Since the 1980s The Remnant has been proud to publish the powerful insights and commentary of the incomparable Solange Hertz. A close friend of Remnant founder Walter L. Matt (RIP) for many years, she was with the Remnant almost from the beginning. In her own right, Mrs. Hertz came to be regarded as the matriarch of traditional Catholicism in the English-speaking world (although her writings appeared not infrequently in French, as well).
She was so far ahead of the curve in exposing the fundamental errors afflicting the modern Church and State that newcomers to the traditionalist movement sometimes fail to realize that it was Mrs. Hertz who pioneered the early and in-depth exposés of feminism, democracy gone awry, Americanism, Natural Family Planning, and the myriad attacks on Sacred Scripture by the forces of scientism. (In fact, if you’re interested in the questions of biblical inerrancy, for example, or the Galileo case, evolution and geocentrism, if is largely because Mrs. Hertz was tackling such 900-pound gorillas long before it became fashionable to do so.)
Friday, October 2, 2015
"The absurdity of the Synod organisers, including the pope, simply writing final documents for a Synod weeks in advance of the bishops even arriving in Rome, seems to be the final message. They no longer feel any need to hide their intentions..."
The “good bishops” are not going to help us at the Synod. This is something we have to get used to right now, the weekend before the show starts. Every day I see in commboxes around the internet hopeful exclamations like, “Oh, but Archbishop Whosits is going to stand up to them.” Or, “Cardinal Youknowwho,” or “that guy from Africa” won’t stand for that stuff again. Well folks, I hate to tell you, but they stood for it just fine last year.
There have been no demands that the pope guarantee a transparent proceeding, no open objections to the scandalous contents of the working documents, and, most significantly, no demand for the removal of the ringleaders of the affair, the Synod General Secretary, Cardinal Baldisseri, Cardinal Kasper, Archbishop Bruno Forte, the author of the outrageous mid-term relatio… et al. All the same characters of last year’s vaudeville act are back, and no word of objection has come from our “good bishops.”
Thursday, October 1, 2015
What if things are not always as they seem?
What if the enormously popular Pope Francis is popular precisely because he is less Catholic than his two immediate predecessors? What if his theory of his stewardship of Catholicism is to broaden the base of the Church by weakening her doctrine so as to attract more people by making it temporally easier to be Catholic?
- The Real Fruits of Vatican II: Scandal in the Holy Office
- All Is Not Lost: A Latin Mass on Top of Africa
- The Changing Face of "Schism" in the Catholic Church
- Bishop Fellay: A Petition to the Holy Father
- St. Gallen’s “Mafia”: Answering Those Who Are Questioning the Validity of the Election of Pope Francis
- Episcopal Mental Abuse and Papal Parental Neglect: How to Make a Neurotic Church
- The Sheer Stupidity of the Church of Vatican II
- Voris: SSPX Mass Fulfills Sunday Obligation “Literally, Technically, and Canonically”
- The SSPX is Not in Schism: A Point by Point Rebuttal to CMTV's "Catholi-Schism" Video Posted on: Thursday, October 1, 2015
- Why Ecumenism is Solemn Nonsense: Part V Posted on: Thursday, June 25, 2015