Welcome to The Remnant Newspaper
For fifty years we have been fighting in defence of the traditions of the Catholic Church and the proclamation of the Kingship of Christ. In print or online, The Remnant calls a spade a spade no matter who is using it to bury God. Subscribe to the Remnant Newspaper print edition today!
Latest from Remnant TV
Headline News Around the World
- Trump Admin to UN: Abortion is NOT "Family Planning"! Posted on: Friday, June 23, 2017
- Monsignor Bux: We Are in Full Crisis of Faith Posted on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017
- For Fort Hood: No Priests Better than Trad Priests? Posted on: Wednesday, June 21, 2017
- Preview New Print Edition of The Remnant Posted on: Friday, June 16, 2017
Preview the latest Remnant Newspaper Print Edition
June 15, 2017
Thursday, June 22, 2017
“You do not enter into a structure, and under superiors, saying that you are going to shake everything up once you are on the inside, whereas they have everything in hand to stamp us out ! They have all the authority." - Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre
Remnant Translator's Note - Father Gleize has been Professor in Écône since 1996. He was one of the four theologians chosen by the SSPX to represent it during the doctrinal discussions with Rome between 2009 and 2011, and therefore has first-hand knowledge of the Roman theologians in general, and Archbishop Guido Pozzo in particular. This article appeared in the May 2017 edition of the COURRIER DE ROME, a monthly French-language newsletter which was first published in 1964 and which aims to “unite Catholics around the Doctrine of the Church... [It] offers its readers a refutation of the principal errors of the day and shows them the path and light of the Truth” (www.courrierderome.org). This article was published on the SSPX's French District website, HERE. The subtitles have been added by the Remnant translator, who would appreciate your prayers for him and his family.
A “doctrinal agreement” – Two possible meanings.
In a recent interview, Archbishop Guido Pozzo declared that “reconciliation will happen when Bishop Fellay formally adheres to the doctrinal declaration which the Holy See has presented to him. It is also the necessary condition for proceeding to institutional regularization, with the creation of a Personal Prelature”. And in a press-conference given in the airplane during the return journey from his recent pilgrimage to Fatima (May 12-13), Pope Francis alluded to this document, finalized by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith at its last sitting on Wednesday May 10. From Rome’s point-of-view, therefore, it would appear to be a question of a doctrinal agreement. The expression [“doctrinal agreement”] is, however, ambiguous and can be understood in two ways.
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
The Supreme Court’s position on abortion is much more nuanced than many believe it to be. Although the court did create a constitutional right to abort in Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Bolton, the judgment itself opened the door for future recognition of a right to life for the fetus, contingent on his recognition as a person: “If this suggestion of personhood [that the fetus is a person] is established, the appellant’s case, of course, collapses, for the fetus’ right to life would then be guaranteed specifically by the Amendment.”
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
- Breaking Ultra-Important Russia Probe News
- On the Sign of Peace
- Mr. President, fire them all!
- Antonio Salazar: Another Catholic Statesman, Vilified by Christophobic Revisionists
- Note to Sedevacantists: Heresy Does Not Automatically Sever One from the Church
- FORCED ADOPTIONS: Church Apologizing fo Saving Babies?
- Catholic Identity Conference Online Registration
- President, Pope & Pictures
- The Death of Shame: Pro-Life Group Celebrates Illegitimacy
- The Path to Rome and the Ascendency of Pope Peter II?
- Soul-killers of the New World Order
- What is False Mercy? Posted on: Thursday, December 1, 2016
- Profiles in Resistance: An Irish Saint Rebukes the Pope Posted on: Friday, May 6, 2016