Welcome to The Remnant Newspaper
For nearly fifty years we have been fighting in defence of the traditions of the Catholic Church and the proclamation of the Kingship of Christ. In print or online, The Remnant calls a spade a spade no matter who is using it to bury God. Subscribe to the Remnant Newspaper print edition today!
Headline News Around the World
- Traditional Catholic Answers: Why Ecumenism is Solemn Nonsense: Part V Posted on: Thursday, June 25, 2015
- Preview the New Print Edition of The Remnant Posted on: Thursday, June 25, 2015
- New from A-CNN: A Clear Case of Climate Change Envy Posted on: Thursday, June 25, 2015
- Remnant Critique of New Encyclical Translated into French. Pourquoi je ne prends pas en compte Laudato Si Et que vous ne devriez pas le faire aussi Posted on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015
- Chris Jackson's Critique of Pope's Encyclical Scores High Numbers, Rave Reviews Posted on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015
- Obama calls for world leaders to heed Pope Francis’s message Posted on: Friday, June 19, 2015
- Where Did The Encyclical Come From? A Remnant TV Review: Pro-Aborts in the Vatican Posted on: Thursday, June 18, 2015
- Appeasing the Left? (Telegraph: 'If we need the Pope to teach us about science, then God help us all') Posted on: Thursday, June 18, 2015
- Why Ecumenism Is Solemn Nonsense: Part IV Posted on: Tuesday, June 16, 2015
- Archbishop John Nienstedt--a man with many enemies--resigns Posted on: Monday, June 15, 2015
- Preview the New Print Edition of The Remnant Posted on: Friday, June 12, 2015
- New from Traditional Catholic Answers: Why Ecumenism Is Solemn Nonsense Posted on: Friday, June 12, 2015
- Michael Brendan Dougherty Nails It! Posted on: Friday, June 12, 2015
- Dismantling the legacy of Fr. De Smet Posted on: Monday, June 8, 2015
- Bishop Fellay Has Sold Out? Please! Posted on: Wednesday, June 3, 2015
- The End of the Popularity of Pope Francis? Posted on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015
- Cultural Cleansing of Christian Males Posted on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015
- Catholic Church Loses Ireland in Massive Defeat for Vatican II Posted on: Wednesday, May 27, 2015
Preview the latest Remnant Newspaper Print Edition
June 15 & June 30, 2015
Saturday, July 4, 2015
I put the word “conservative” in scare quotes as to Hannity, Levin and Beck, but the remarkable thing about Mike Church is that he is an authentic conservative, by which I mean a conservative who views political, social and moral questions from a traditional Catholic perspective as reflected in the papal and conciliar Magisterium before the late unpleasantness of the imaginary “renewal” of Vatican II.
Indeed, over the past year or so Mike Church has emerged as the only traditionally Catholic conservative in talk radio today, anywhere in the world. And I mean traditional. Not only during my appearances on the show, but now thematically, Mike has turned the longest running political talk show on Sirius Radio into an unabashed presentation of the Social Kingship of Christ, traditional Catholic moral teaching, and even the traditional Latin liturgy as the solution to what is evidently otherwise a terminal civilizational crisis. I have been invited on the show numerous times to defend all of these things explicitly, to speak of the one true Church, and even to call upon conservative Protestants to enter the Church if they are serious about saving our nation and our civilization.
Saturday, June 27, 2015
Thus this national-public act of blasphemy against Christ and His Sacrament of Marriage demands national-public acts of reparation.
- ETERNAL FATHER, we offer Thee the Holy Face of Jesus, covered with blood, sweat, dust and spittle, in reparation for the crime of those who profane the Holy Sacrament of Marriage.
Saturday, June 27, 2015
The Church knows that honest debate must be encouraged among experts.”~Laudato Si, Pope Francis
Throughout Laudato Si, Pope Francis states that he is open to a debate and a dialogue on the environmental issues raised in the encyclical. In fact, nearly 21 times in the body of the encyclical, Francis urges for dialogue among religions, ideologies and people. The Pope also calls for a debate on the environment solutions some 12 times in the encyclical. Although he says he wants contrary opinions debated and presented, is that the reality at the Vatican and this papacy.
The very language of the encyclical exposes the real intent of the Vatican. In the first sentence of section 14 of the encyclical, the Pope calls for a “new dialogue” a “conversation” about the environmental challenges. Yet, by the end of that very same paragraph, the Pontiff arrives at a completely contrary position:
Remnant TV offers a full range of cutting-edge commentary and events coverage. Having established itself with daily video updates from Rome, especially at the last conclave, we now produce weekly talks shows, such as The Remnant Underground and The Remnant Forum, with regular guests including Christopher Ferrara, Brian McCall, John Rao and other Catholic commentators. Please help us promote The Remnant and extend the Catholic influence on the Internet by sharing our videos with your friends.
- A Clear Case of Climate Change Envy Posted on: Thursday, June 25, 2015
- A New Doctor of the Church (with apologies to Raymond Chandler) Posted on: Tuesday, June 16, 2015