Welcome to The Remnant Newspaper
For fifty years we have been fighting in defence of the traditions of the Catholic Church and the proclamation of the Kingship of Christ. In print or online, The Remnant calls a spade a spade no matter who is using it to bury God. Subscribe to the Remnant Newspaper print edition today!
Latest from Remnant TV
Headline News Around the World
- SNEAK PEEK: Next Print Edition of The Remnant Posted on: Friday, September 22, 2017
- SSPX Too Catholic for Catholic Shrine Posted on: Thursday, September 21, 2017
- Tenth Annual Battle of Lepanto Mass & Dinner - Saturday, 7 October 2017, 1:00 PM Posted on: Wednesday, September 20, 2017
- Priest Caught with Kiddy Porn (Just Another Day at the Vatican) Posted on: Monday, September 18, 2017
Preview the latest Remnant Newspaper Print Edition
September 30, 2017
Sunday, September 24, 2017
Pope Francis embraces Lutheran "Archbishop" Antje Jackelén in Lund, Sweden
At every stage in the ecclesial crisis that followed the Second Vatican Council, the Mensheviks of the Neo-Catholic Establishment (NCE) have been there to defend the Bolsheviks of the post-conciliar revolution as they foisted one destructive novelty after another upon the Church. The NCE has found a way to defend or excuse the New Mass with all its officially approved abuses (including Communion in the hand and John Paul II’s approval of “altar girls”), the New Ecumenism, the New Dialogue, the New Interreligious Dialogue, the New Bishops’ Conferences, the New Collegiality, the New Seminaries, the New Convents, the New Ecclesial Movements, the New Evangelization, the New Synodal Church, and now, with Amoris Laetitia (AL), even the New Catholic Morality, which declares that God does not expect obedience to the negative precepts of the natural law, including the Sixth Commandment, if one feels unable to attain the “objective ideal” given the “concrete complexity of one’s limits” (cf. Amoris Laetitia, ¶ 303).
Friday, September 22, 2017
Sometimes I think back four decades to my college years. Between grad schools, I served as assistant to conservative writer and philosopher Russell Kirk in Mecosta, Michigan. Being a Southern boy, the one significant thing I recall about the climate up there was that we had snow on the ground—and lots of it—from around Thanksgiving all the way until April. So, other than my secretarial duties for Dr. Kirk I had I plenty of time to read (the Kirks had no television). And with Russell’s library of over 30,000 books I had a bibliophile’s cornucopia at my fingertips. Not only that, he was one of the most widely read of “teachers” a young grad student could ever have.
Tuesday, September 19, 2017
Father Ducaud-Bourget (center), accompanied by a thousand traditionalists, occupied the Church of Saint-Nicolas-du-Chardonnet in Paris back in 1977... and never left.
REMNANT EDITOR’S NOTE: Each year before the beginning of the Chartres Pilgrimage (which kicks off in Notre-Dame-de-Paris, just around the corner from Saint Nicholas), we make a point to lead our pilgrims to this beautiful old Church, which now has a much-venerated bust of the late, great Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre at the rear. We pray that the spirit of the Archbishop and the saintly Monsignor Ducaud-Bourget will never be forgotten, and that the story of their courageous stand for the Old Faith will be told and retold to our children for many generations to come—at least until this Modernist nightmare is no more. MJM
A single tap of a priest’s knuckle upon the blackened mahogany arm of a choir chair signals the morning’s recitation of the Divine Office. The Roman-collared men gather in the sanctuary of Saint-Nicolas-du-Chardonnet de Paris and raise the breviaries they hold in their hands and flip through the thin pages until each finds the day’s prayers.
- Socci on Bergoglio as “Jesus II”
- A Cardinal Warning: Ottaviani’s Rescue Attempt
- “Goat Simulator” App Lets Your Kids Sacrifice People to Satan
- Akin: Protestants Aren’t Heretics, Catholics Should Commemorate the Reformation
- Reason for Hope: Mission in Cancun, August 2017
- Summorum Pontificum Pilgrimage In Rome: Tenth Anniversary of the Motu Proprio
- Remembering Those Who Lost Their Lives on 9/11
- Money Trail Revisited
- Tonight I’m Gonna Blog It Like It’s 1999
- George Weigel: The Swan Song of the Catholic Neocons
- Tea With the Curate: “Do you accept the Council?”
- What is False Mercy? Posted on: Thursday, December 1, 2016
- Profiles in Resistance: An Irish Saint Rebukes the Pope Posted on: Friday, May 6, 2016