Welcome to The Remnant Newspaper
For nearly fifty years we have been fighting in defence of the traditions of the Catholic Church and the proclamation of the Kingship of Christ. In print or online, The Remnant calls a spade a spade no matter who is using it to bury God. Subscribe to the Remnant Newspaper print edition today!
NEW | The Remnant en español
Latest from Remnant TV
Headline News Around the World
- Preview New Print Edition of The Remnant Posted on: Thursday, November 26, 2015
- For Francis the Mundane: It's All About Dialogue and Climate Control Posted on: Thursday, November 26, 2015
- Cardinal Sarah: The pope cannot change divine law on Communion Posted on: Friday, November 20, 2015
- French Prime Minister: Attending Mass “Most Beautiful” Response to Terror Threat Posted on: Wednesday, November 18, 2015
- SSPX French District Superior: On the Terrorist Attacks and the Kingship of Christ Posted on: Wednesday, November 18, 2015
- Catholic Poland Awakening? Polish Football Fans Unfurl 50-Foot ‘Stand And Defend Christianity’ Banner At Premier League Match Posted on: Monday, November 9, 2015
- Preview the New Print Edition of The Remnant Posted on: Thursday, November 5, 2015
- Ross Douthat for President! (Letter to the Catholic Academy) Posted on: Monday, November 2, 2015
- Check Out The Remnant's New Spanish Site Posted on: Monday, November 2, 2015
- What A Shocker! Pope: "All the Divorced who ask will be admitted [to Communion]" Posted on: Monday, November 2, 2015
- Pope Wears Out Welcome, Caricatures Conservatives Posted on: Thursday, October 29, 2015
- Remnant TV in Rome...New Martyrs of the Colosseum? A Final Word from Rome Posted on: Monday, October 26, 2015
- Pope Francis's Letter to the Synod Fathers (God help us all!) Posted on: Saturday, October 24, 2015
- Rorate Caeli on the Synod's Final Document Posted on: Saturday, October 24, 2015
- Remnant TV in Rome: Synod On The Family--It's Worse Than We Thought Posted on: Saturday, October 24, 2015
- Remnant TV's Special Synod Report from Rome Posted on: Thursday, October 22, 2015
- Check Out the New Print Edition of The Remnant Posted on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015
- Pope Francis is Now Effectively at War with the Old Church Posted on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015
Preview the latest Remnant Newspaper Print Edition
November 25, 2015
Friday, November 27, 2015
Those social commentators suspect that there is something about zombie lore that speaks to us in the modern era, that somehow amidst our comfort and prosperity, we have never been more fragile. They posit that somehow our golden lives, compared to every generation that came before, are more fragile, that something isn’t right and we know it. That the life we lead, like the zombies, gives the appearance of life, but is truly dead.
I think there might be something to this analysis (although not in the way they likely mean it.) Of all the zombie storytelling that has occurred these past decades, there is one zombie movie that stands out in my mind as social commentary, directly tapping into the vein. That one story that stands out above all the others, which should almost go without saying, is the slacker cinema classic “Shaun of the Dead.”
Wednesday, November 25, 2015
Are you preparing to eat the turkey, the dressing, the mashed potatoes, and cranberries? Put them aside and hunker down for a new twist on the Thanksgiving holiday.
“The American Indians, European immigrants, Spaniards, and other cultures around the world, according to National Geographic, often celebrated the harvest season with feasts to offer thanks to higher powers/God for their sustenance and survival.”
The Christian Science Monitor further states “the trouble is, almost everything we’ve been taught about Thanksgiving in 1621 is a myth. The holiday has two distinct histories – actual one and the romanticized one.
Tuesday, November 24, 2015
Sunday Sermons from South St. Paul: Pope Francis and the Leaven of Evil
Father points out that France is no longer the 'eldest daughter of the Church' but rather the 'youngest daughter of Mohammed', and that the reason for this is the false leaven of the new Church, i.e., Pope Francis's leaven of dialogue, leaven of ecumenism, leaven of evil.
Plus, guess which Christian denomination, according to a recent Pew Research Center study, is most favorable to homosexual behavior.
- Pope Francis: The Great Clarifier
- An Open Letter to Bill Donohue
- An Urgent Message to Pope Francis
- When You See the Abomination of Desolation, Run for the Hills, Folks!
- Bergoglian Magisterium Update: Bribery, no. Adultery, si.
- Catholic Restoration Update: The FSSP in the Andes
- American Band in Paris Sings "Kiss the Devil" as Terrorists Attack
- Heart, Give Me Thy Son – A Vocation Story Update
- The SSPX is Not in Schism: A Point by Point Rebuttal to CMTV's "Catholi-Schism" Video Posted on: Thursday, October 1, 2015
- Why Ecumenism is Solemn Nonsense: Part V Posted on: Thursday, June 25, 2015