Welcome to The Remnant Newspaper
For fifty years we have been fighting in defence of the traditions of the Catholic Church and the proclamation of the Kingship of Christ. In print or online, The Remnant calls a spade a spade no matter who is using it to bury God. Subscribe to the Remnant Newspaper print edition today!
NEW | The Remnant en español
Latest from Remnant TV
Headline News Around the World
- Hey Frankie Cocco: Do Us Wise Guys Get Communion Too? Posted on: Monday, March 20, 2017
- Justice Alito's Warning: Christian Persecution Rising Posted on: Monday, March 20, 2017
- ‘To Hell with Accompaniment’: A Courageous Catholic Professor on the Francis Effect Posted on: Sunday, March 19, 2017
- Vatican Newspaper Forbids Dissenting from Dissent Posted on: Friday, March 17, 2017
Preview the latest Remnant Newspaper Print Edition
March 15, 2017
Thursday, March 23, 2017
With Michael Matt out of town this week, we're presenting excerpts from a recent episode on why we're traditional Catholics.
Topics include "Old Catholic Nuns," the "Old Catholic Confessional," the "Old Catholic Priesthood," "Meatless Fridays," "Scapulars and Mass in Latin," and the "Large Catholic Family".
Monday, March 20, 2017
Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre
"The heresy which is now being born will become the most dangerous of all; the exaggeration of the respect due to the Pope and the illegitimate extension of his infallibility."
These words were spoken by Fr. Henri LeFloch, Superior of the French Seminary in Rome in 1926(1). How prophetic they have become for our day. And what a day to endure when an Archbishop (Scicluna of Malta) has the audacity to inform the faithful that they must ask the Church to teach them the will of Christ for their lives, and then defines the "church" as the current Pope and those bishops in communion with him(2). No Bible. No Catechism. No Tradition. Certainly no Traditional Mass. No reverence for the Lord, only a shallow reverence for the world as taught by Jorge Bergoglio and the bishops "in communion" with him.
Sunday, March 19, 2017
Remnant Editor’s Note: Father Patrick de la Rocque, SSPX, is the Parish Priest of the Society of St. Pius X’s largest church in Paris, the famous Saint Nicolas du Chardonnet. He was also one of the four theologians on the SSPX side during the doctrinal discussions under Pope Benedict. As part of our ongoing discussion of both the pros and the cons of a possible SSPX regularization, Father de la Rocque raises an interesting argument in favor of exercising extreme caution. This article appeared in the March 2017 edition of Le Chardonnet, the parish bulletin of Saint Nicolas du Chardonnet, Paris, and was posted on the SPPX French District website La Porte Latine. We’re grateful to our friend and important European ally for this exclusive Remnant translation, and would once again ask for prayers on his behalf. MJM
On the 4th February last, the area around the Vatican woke up to find itself covered with posters calling out to the Pope: “Eh, Francis! You have commissioned Congregations, dismissed priests, decapitated the Order of Malta and the Franciscans of the Immaculate, you have ignored Cardinals… But where is your mercy?”
- From a Bishop in a Prius, Libera Nos Domine
- Thanks to Pope Francis I'm No Longer a 'Neo-Catholic'
- BISHOPS IN THE SWAMP: A Bizarre Letter to Rex Tillerson
- An Appeal to the Supreme Authorities of the Church in Favour of Sacred Music
- Get to Know Conservative Jazz Musician
- A-CNN Exclusive - Trump: "I Could Easily Fix the Church In My Spare Time"
- The Concocted News Network (CNN) and the Endless “Russia Investigation”
- Update on John Vennari from John's wife, Susan
- Who’s Lying Now? A Fake New World
- Novus Ordo Watch Excommunicates Archbishop for Resisting Pope in 1700's
- Evolution and the Neo-Catholic Planet of the Apes
- What is False Mercy? Posted on: Thursday, December 1, 2016
- Profiles in Resistance: An Irish Saint Rebukes the Pope Posted on: Friday, May 6, 2016