Welcome to The Remnant Newspaper
For nearly fifty years we have been fighting in defence of the traditions of the Catholic Church and the proclamation of the Kingship of Christ. In print or online, The Remnant calls a spade a spade no matter who is using it to bury God. Subscribe to the Remnant Newspaper print edition today!
NEW | The Remnant en español
Latest from Remnant TV
Headline News Around the World
- New from Traditional Catholic Answers: "Can the Divorced and Remarried Receive Holy Communion?" Posted on: Thursday, April 28, 2016
- Joe Biden to Give Talk at Vatican Posted on: Wednesday, April 27, 2016
- Growing Unrest: 'Pope's Marxist bias in U.S. campaign signals new global order' Posted on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016
- SPRINGTIME UPDATE: One third of All Catholic Churches in North Wales to Close Posted on: Sunday, April 24, 2016
Preview the latest Remnant Newspaper Print Edition
April 15, 2016
Tuesday, April 26, 2016
New From Remnant TV...
Francis says his new, non-judgmental Church is the ‘church of accompaniment’. Question is: accompaniment to where? Heaven? Hell? La-La Land? Not sure what Pope Francis is talking about anymore? Join the club.
Plus, Michael Matt announces he is standing with a much-maligned defender of the Church. Which one? Watch this video to find out.
Tuesday, April 26, 2016
I have been wondering why the Kasper/Amoris Laetitia Proposal has prompted such a deep feeling of loathing and disgust. This response has for me been at a gut level, and I have been trying to understand it. Today I think I figured it out.
Many years ago, when I was studying the Faith, I came to an extraordinary realization that changed the direction of my life forever. I had already started taking seriously the moral law, but immediately began to see the admonition of Christ to “be perfect as my Father in heaven is perfect” (Mt. 5:48) as a calamity. If Jesus requires such absolute perfection from me, my chances of heavenly beatitude were slim indeed! I came close to despairing and nearly gave the whole thing up.
Thursday, April 21, 2016
by Michael J. Matt
Back in 1976 when I was ten years old, I was confirmed by Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre. I remember a kind and saintly man, soft-spoken and truly humble. Even as children, my siblings and I understood that here was a true soldier of Christ who’d taken a courageous and lonely stand in defense of sacred Tradition at a time when there was nothing more “hip” than novelty and innovation. Our father was in his company, and these men were “traddies” long before “traddy” was cool.
--Cardinal Dolan on Apostolic Exhortation: “Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit the Church is trying to be faithful"
- Kasper: The pope wants to change your mentality
- Amoris Laetitia: Foolish Bishops and Bishops Playing Us For Fools
- [Ferrara Article on Exhortation Translated into French] Amoris Laetitia: l'anatomie d'une débâcle pontificale
- Nothing New Under the Sun: A Pirate is Still a Pirate
- Does No One Care About the Pope's Immortal Soul?
- Did Francis Just Defend Judas?
- Revising 1 Corinthians in Light of Amoris Laetitia
- Amoris Laetitia: The Monster at the End of This Book
- More Theological Confusion Follows Pope's Meeting With Methodists
- On Why Neither Presidents Nor Popes Can Give Anyone Permission To Crucify Jesus
- Should Civil Law Forbid Abortion? If So, Should It Punish Those Who Violate the Law?