Welcome to The Remnant Newspaper
For fifty years we have been fighting in defence of the traditions of the Catholic Church and the proclamation of the Kingship of Christ. In print or online, The Remnant calls a spade a spade no matter who is using it to bury God. Subscribe to the Remnant Newspaper print edition today!
Latest from Remnant TV
Headline News Around the World
- Preview New Print/E-edition of The Remnant Posted on: Friday, October 20, 2017
- NEXT WEEK: Bishop Schneider to Celebrate Pontifical Mass in La Crosse, WI Posted on: Tuesday, October 17, 2017
- SPLC JUMPS THE SHARK: I'm a hater, you're a hater, wouldn't you like to be a hater too? Posted on: Monday, October 16, 2017
- Lutheran Lady Bishop "Ordained" in Catholic Cathedral Posted on: Wednesday, October 11, 2017
Preview the latest Remnant Newspaper Print Edition
October 31, 2017
Friday, October 20, 2017
Introduction by Michael J. Matt
Clearly, the current crisis in the Church is now without precedent. If history is hiding a more disastrous pontificate than that of Pope Francis, I’d be interested to learn which one. And as the battle for the soul of the human element of Christ’s Church rages on—a battle which, as Our Lady predicted it would, now has “cardinals opposing cardinals, bishops against bishops…churches and altars sacked… and [a Church] full of those who accept compromises”—there is a growing temptation to conclude that all is lost and it’s time to go off and “do our own thing”. But then, what? What happens to the Church if all her faithful sons and daughters abandon her? This is not an option for the faithful Catholic—the soldier of Christ—who must stand up, step up, and fight on. When the Son of Man returns he must find faith, if only in a remnant.
Wednesday, October 18, 2017
What's it all mean? Is this the beginning of a new 'reign of terror'? The mob is out of control again, and just as it turned on Robespierre the first time around it's again turning on its own (e.g., Nancy Pelosi in San Francisco last week). The one standing up to it is not the Pope, not the bishops, but a most unlikely political figure--the only geopolitical voice in the world still defending Christianity and Catholic history. Plus, the latest on next week's Catholic Identity Conference.
Saturday, October 14, 2017
When we lost Cardinal Carlo Caffarra on September 6, 2017, we gained--it is to be securely hoped--an advocate in Heaven. His Eminence was well known as one of the “Dubia Cardinals,” or four papal advisors who presented Pope Francis with five concisely-worded queries which, if answered unequivocally and in accordance with Tradition, would put a virtual halt to the moral maelstrom in which the universal Church is presently being engulfed. For over a calendar year now, the world has been waiting in vain for a response from the pontiff who approaches all difficulties (or so he ceaselessly proclaims) through “dialogue, dialogue, dialogue.” Cardinal Caffarra has now followed Joachim Cardinal Meisner, requiescant in pace, in completing his earthly pilgrimage before being received by His Holiness in response to their earnest request.
- Discovering the Real Christopher Columbus
- Amoris Laetitia: Conscience Recognizes that we can Break the Commandments
- Trump Defends Christmas, Little Sisters of the Poor
- La Stampa’s Robert Fastiggi Replies to Chris Ferrara
- Tea With the Curate: The Attack on Marriage is an Attack on Christ in the Eucharist
- A RTV Short: Trump Rolls Back Obamacare Contraception Mandate
- Still More Fake News: La Stampa Tries Again
- La Stampa and the Fallible Infallible Magisterium
- Pastoral Care Commands a Return of the Old Mass
- Socci on Bergoglio as “Jesus II”
- A Cardinal Warning: Ottaviani’s Rescue Attempt
- What is False Mercy? Posted on: Thursday, December 1, 2016
- Profiles in Resistance: An Irish Saint Rebukes the Pope Posted on: Friday, May 6, 2016